11 (of the many) things I’m thankful for at 11pm on June 11:
- This sunset in Negotino. We caught it on our way to dinner one night, and stopped to take pictures and enjoy it.
- The faithful correction and instruction of the Holy Spirit. I am so thankful that He knows my heart and knows when my human weakness feels overwhelming. He knows when I need to be questioned on the “why” of doing things and graciously provides conviction without condemnation.
- A family to move home to. My mom left me a message the other day just saying that she’s glad I’m home. I have listened to it several times and almost cried.
- Sher being home and time to spend with her before she moves south for a bit.
- The sovereignty of God. I am quite (!!) curious about what the future will hold and what God’s plans are for me and the rest of my life, but I am not freaked out or frantic by His grace. He has never ever dropped me or even pretended to before, and He is my hope within the veil.
- Friends who are glad to have me back in the area, pray for me, and support me with what I need to hear. Tonight, it was, “it’s ok to relax a little.” Hard to hear, but probably needed.
- Friends and roomies who are sad to have me gone from the King Isa house in Tempe. No, we never actually called it that, but since our network was called King Isa and I’m blogging, it seemed appropriate.
- The promise of wisdom (see James 1). The all-wise God promises not to scold me when I ask for His wisdom, and that’s cool.
- Grace. I need a lot of it in lots of different ways, and God provides it with just as much diversity as I need it.
- The beautiful cherry blossoms on the walk to the park on Queen Anne tonight. I wish that I had a picture to post; they were picture-perfect.
- Jesus. To explain, these are some of the lyrics to the hymn “Before the Throne of God Above:”
Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea
A great High Priest whose name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me
My name is graven on His hands
My name is written on His heart
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart
Behold Him there! The risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless, Righteousness
The Great unchangeable I AM
The King of Glory and of Grace
One with Himself I cannot die
My soul is purchased by His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God